This endpoint updates an existing user with new attributes.
Upon a successful request, existing attributes are merged (not replaced) with the attributes you sent in the request.
If a User ID exists across multiple devices, all the devices belonging to that User ID will be updated.
|Data type||Ranges/valid values||Example||Notes||Can be sent as array|
|Floating point numbers are accepted but they will be truncated to an |
Values out of range will be discarded.
|Single-precision 32-bit IEEE 754 floating point.||Floats greater than 32-bit will be converted to scientific notation.||Yes|
|UTF-8 character encoding||Maximum 255 characters long||Yes|
|ISO 8601, e.g. ||Yes|
There are limits in place on the maximum number of custom attributes allowed as well as the length (size) of strings and arrays.
- A maximum of 50 custom attributes is allowed per device. If you exceed this amount any new attributes being set will be discarded.
- String values that have more than 255 characters will be truncated. The limitation is on the character length, not on the size in bytes.
- Arrays with more than 50 elements will be truncated.
There are some restrictions in place on the key name, these are:
- Only letters, numbers, underscore and dash are valid characters.
- Leading spaces will be removed.
" my_string_key "will become
- Invalid characters other than spaces and dots will be removed.
- Spaces and dots will be replaced for underscores.
"my string.key"will become
- Keys will be truncated to a maximum of 255 characters.
- Invalid keys (including keys exclusively made of invalid characters) will simply be discarded and no error will be returned.