This endpoint updates an existing user with new attributes.
Upon a successful request, existing attributes are merged (not replaced) with the attributes you sent in the request.
If a User ID exists across multiple devices, all the devices belonging to that User ID will be updated.
Can be sent as array
Floating point numbers are accepted but they will be truncated to an
Values out of range will be discarded.
Single-precision 32-bit IEEE 754 floating point.
Floats greater than 32-bit will be converted to scientific notation.
UTF-8 character encoding
Maximum 255 characters long
ISO 8601, e.g.
There are limits in place on the maximum number of custom attributes allowed as well as the length (size) of strings and arrays.
- A maximum of 50 custom attributes is allowed per device. If you exceed this amount any new attributes being set will be discarded.
- String values that have more than 255 characters will be truncated. The limitation is on the character length, not on the size in bytes.
- Arrays with more than 50 elements will be truncated.
There are some restrictions in place on the key name, these are:
- Only letters, numbers, underscore and dash are valid characters.
- Leading spaces will be removed.
" my_string_key "will become
- Invalid characters other than spaces and dots will be removed.
- Spaces and dots will be replaced for underscores.
"my string.key"will become
- Keys will be truncated to a maximum of 255 characters.
- Invalid keys (including keys exclusively made of invalid characters) will simply be discarded and no error will be returned.